TERMS & CONDITIONS
THIS WEBSITE CURRENTLY ONLY PROVIDES ATTORNEY STATISTICS FOR BEXAR COUNTY, TEXAS.
YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE CONSTITUTES YOUR BINDING AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The lawyerstats.com website (the “Website”) is a service made available by Schultze Systems, LLC, d/b/a lawyerstats.com (“Company”) and all content, data, information and attorney statistics provided on or through the Website (“Content”) may be used solely by registered members of the Website (“Members”) under the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”).
- Membership in Website. In order to access and use the Website and its Content, you must first register as a Member of the Website, and you must also pay the applicable fees based on the type of access or subscription you desire to obtain:
- Subscription. For a price of $199.00 per month, you can register for a full subscription to have unlimited access the Website and Content, including attorney statistics, on a month to month basis (“Subscription”).
- One-Time Session. For a price of $24.95, you can register for a one-time session to access the Website and Content one time and view the Content and attorney statistics as much as you want for as long as you are interacting with the website during such session (“One-Time Session”).
- License. As a Member of this Website who has purchased a Subscription or One- Time Session, you are granted a nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable, limited license to access and use the Website and Content in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Company may terminate this license at any time for any reason.
- Limitations. The Content on this Website is for personal use only and not for commercial exploitation. You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, rent, lease, loan, sell, sublicense, or create derivative works from the Website or the Content. Nor may you use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the site architecture, or extract information about usage or users. You may not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our Website or the Content without Company’s prior written permission. You may not use this Web Site to transmit any false, misleading, fraudulent or illegal communications. You may not copy, modify, reproduce, republish, distribute, display, or transmit for commercial, non-profit or public purposes all or any portion of the Website or Content. You may not use the Website or the Content in any manner that may infringe any copyright, intellectual property right, proprietary right, or property right of Company or any third parties or violate any state or federal law. Any unauthorized use of the Website or its Content is prohibited. You agree to maintain the confidentiality of the information and Content on the Website and not to use the aggregated data or Content for any purpose other than for your own personal use.
- License Grant for Member Content. By uploading content to or submitting any content or materials for use on the Website, including, without limitation, in any interactive areas that are part of the Website or are associated with the Website (e.g., bulletin boards, discussion boards, chat rooms, email forums, question and answer, etc.), you grant Company a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide right and license to use, authorize use of, sublicense, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed throughout the universe. You certify and warrant that your content and submitted materials: (i) are your original works or that the owner of such works has expressly granted to Company a similar license for said works with all of the rights granted by you in this paragraph and (ii) do not violate and will not violate the rights of any third party, including any right of publicity, right of privacy, copyright, trademark, service mark, patent or other intellectual property right or any proprietary right. If you have submitted a photo, you agree that this photo may be included in the Website or, if you have not submitted a photo, then Company may, but is not obligated to, display a stock photo or legal image. You hereby consent to the use of such stock photos or images. You agree that you shall have no recourse against Company for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary or other right in uploaded content or submitted materials. You assume all liability for any claims, suits or grievances filed against you, including all damages related to your participation on the Website.
- Restrictions Regarding Submissions. You shall not post, publish, upload or distribute any content or materials which are unlawful or abusive in any way, including, but not limited to, any materials that are defamatory, libelous, pornographic, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inclusive of hate speech, or would constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or give rise to liability or violate any local, state, federal or international law, or the regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any securities exchange such as the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange, or the NASDAQ, either intentionally or unintentionally. Uploaded content and materials shall not contain protected health information. You are strictly prohibited from submitting materials that are considered protected health information under the Health Accountability and Portability Protection Act of 1996 (HIPAA) or the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act of 2009 (HITECH). Company has no obligation to monitor or screen your content and is not responsible therefor; however, Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to monitor, screen, edit and remove such content or cause such content not to be posted, published, uploaded or distributed, at any time and for any reason or no reason.
- Third Party Communications. Company disclaims all liability for any third party communications related to this Website and/or its Content which you may receive directly or indirectly from, or that may be directed to you from, any party that is not Company, including any posts on message boards, chat rooms, or other forums (“Third Party Communication”) or any actions you may take or refrain from taking as a result of any Third Party Communications. You are solely responsible for assessing and verifying the identity and trustworthiness of the source and content of any Third Party Communications. Company assumes no responsibility for verifying, and makes no representations or warranties regarding, the identity or trustworthiness of the source or content of any Third Party Communications.
- Content contained on or made available through the Website is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice and no attorneyclient relationship is formed, nor is anything submitted to this Website treated as confidential. The accuracy, completeness, adequacy or currency of the attorney statistics and other Content is not warranted or guaranteed for any purpose. Company makes no representations regarding the qualifications of any attorney or law firm or as to the legal competence, legal ability or quality of legal services provided by any attorney.
- Company compiles statistics and Content from public records, but it cannot guaranty the accuracy of any such public records or information taken from such public records. Your use of Content, information on the Website, or materials linked from the Website is at your own risk.
- Neither Company nor the Website is a lawyer referral service and the Content on this Website and other resources and information, is for personal use only. All users are encouraged to make their own independent investigation and evaluation of any information posted on the Website and of all attorneys listed in the Content. Company does not guarantee that you will find an attorney using the Website or its Content. Company does not continuously review the standing of any attorney and does not represent or warrant that any attorney listed on the Website is still actively engaged in the practice of law and/or still licensed as an attorney in any state.
- Any agreements regarding legal services or fees must be done outside the scope of the Website and are strictly between you and the attorney or other third party and do not involve Company in any way. Company is not a law firm and does not provide legal services. Company does not receive any portion of any attorney’s or law firm’s fees and does not receive any referral fees or commissions from any attorneys.
- Company is not involved in or responsible for the legal defense of any Member, subscriber or other party. Company is not a law firm or attorney and does not perform any legal services of any kind or type whatsoever. Company does not and will not represent or defend any person, entity or defendant in any criminal case or other legal matter. No attorney-client relationship shall at any time exist or be formed between Company and any Member, subscriber or other person or entity. Company does not guarantee or insure the outcome of any trial or case of any Member or subscriber or Content user. You are solely responsible for your own case or defense and for compliance with all laws, rules and regulations.
- Attorney Ethics Notice; Rules. If you are an attorney participating in any aspect of this Website, including but not limited to interactive areas, a) you agree not to provide specific legal advice in any of your content and to draft content which is appropriate, educational, and in accordance with attorney ethics requirements, b) you represent and warrant that you are an attorney in good standing with a license to practice law in at least one of the 50 United States of America or the District of Columbia, c) you agree to promptly notify Company of any grievance, claim, reprimand, or censure brought against you, as well as resignation or other loss of license, d) you acknowledge that the Rules of Professional Conduct of the jurisdictions where you are licensed (“Rules”) apply to all aspects of your participation and that you will abide by these Rules. These Rules include, but are not limited to, the rules relating to advertising, solicitation of clients, rules regarding the establishment of attorney-client relationships, failure to maintain client confidences, unauthorized practice of law, and misrepresentations of fact. Company disclaims all responsibility for your compliance with these Rules. You further agree and acknowledge that when you participate on this Web Site, that you will not offer legal advice, but will only provide general information. Company highly recommends that you include a disclaimer regarding the aforementioned advertising and ethics issues. Company will have no liability to you arising out of or related to your compliance or noncompliance with such laws and rules, or related to Company’s inclusion or failure to include a disclaimer.
- Intellectual Property Rights. Except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions, nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license or right, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, under any law, rule or regulation, including, without limitation, copyright or other intellectual property rights. You agree that the Content and Website is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents and other proprietary rights and laws.
- Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement. Company reserves the right to remove any Content or links that allegedly infringe another person’s copyright or intellectual property. Company will terminate, in appropriate circumstances, Members and subscribers of the Website who are repeat infringers of another person’s copyright. Notices to Company regarding any alleged copyright infringement should be directed to the Company at the contact information provided on the Website.
- No Solicitation. You shall not distribute to any persons or entities identified via the Website any content or material containing solicitations or advertising of any kind without the express prior written permission of the Company. Attorneys and law firms are prohibited from soliciting employment from prospective clients through the Website or any of its interactive features. In no event may any person or entity solicit any users with data retrieved from this Website.
- Advertisers. This Website may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Website is accurate and complies with applicable laws. Company will not be responsible for the illegality of or any error or inaccuracy in advertisers’ or sponsors’ materials or for the acts or omissions of advertisers and sponsors. Attorneys may advertise on the Website and may pay certain advertising fees to Company in connection with such advertisements on the same basis as other third party advertisers. Company does not endorse any attorneys or law firms, and the appearance of advertising for any particular attorney or law firm is not an endorsement by Company of any services of such attorney and/or law firm. Company will not alter any statistics or Content in exchange for any payment or advertising fees.
- Registration. If you register as a Member or subscriber of the Website or otherwise register with Company, you agree to provide accurate and complete registration information. It is your responsibility to inform Company of any changes to that information. Each registration is for a single person only, unless specifically designated otherwise on the registration page. Company does not permit a) any other person using the registered sections under your name; or b) access through a single name being made available to multiple users on a network. You are responsible for preventing such unauthorized use. If you believe there has been unauthorized use, you must notify Company immediately.
- Errors and Corrections. Company does not represent or warrant that the Website will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected. Company does not warrant or represent that the information available on or through the Website will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable. Company may make improvements and/or changes to its features, functionality or Content at any time.
- Third Party Content. Third party content (including, your or other users’ content) may appear on this Website or may be accessible via links from this Website. Company is not responsible for and assumes no liability for any infringement, mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content contained in any third party content appearing on the Website. You understand that the information and opinions in the third party content is neither endorsed by nor does it reflect the belief of Company. Further, information and opinions provided by employees and agents of Company are not necessarily endorsed by Company and do not necessarily represent the beliefs and opinions of Company.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING ALL FEATURES AND CONTENT, IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS, AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. GETAGOODATTORNEY.COM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. GETAGOODATTORNEY.COM DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THIS WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, (B) THIRD PARTY COMMUNICATIONS, (C) ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITES OR CONTENT THEREIN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH LINKS IN THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS THEREFROM, (D) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, (E) YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND CONTENT, OR (E) YOUR USE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. GETAGOODATTORNEY.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING ALL FEATURES AND CONTENT. GETAGOODATTORNEY.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT. TO THE EXTENT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PROHIBITED, GETAGOODATTORNEY.COM’S SOLE OBLIGATION TO YOU FOR DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO $50.00.
- Waiver and Release. You hereby waive, release, acquit and forever discharge any and all claims, demands, losses, injuries, liability, or damages of any kind and nature, against Company, its parents, subsidiaries, partners and affiliates, and its and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents, licensors, suppliers and representatives and any third party information providers, whether known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with your use of the Website or Content, any disclosure of information resulting from your use of the Website or Content, and any conflict of interest, ethical violation, or any alleged legal malpractice by any attorney you contact or hire based on the Website, the Content or otherwise.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Company, its owners, subsidiaries, managers, members, employees, partners and affiliates and its and their respective officers, directors, owners, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and representatives and any third party information providers to this Web Site harmless from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, relating to or arising out of (i) your use of the Website or Content, and (ii) any violation of these Terms and Conditions by you or arising from or related to any content or materials uploaded or submitted by you. Company reserves the right to assume the defense of any matter subject to indemnification hereunder, and you agree that you may not settle any such matter without the prior written consent of Company.
- Third Party Rights. The provisions of paragraphs 7 (Disclaimers), 16 (Disclaimer), 17 (Limitation of Liability), 18 (Waiver and Release) and 19 (Indemnification) are for the benefit of Company, its members, managers, employees, owners, subsidiaries, agents, partners and affiliates and its and their respective owners, officers, managers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers and representatives and any third party information providers to this Web Site. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
- Unlawful Activity. Company reserves the right to investigate complaints or reported violations of these Terms and Conditions and to take any action Company deems appropriate including but not limited to reporting any suspected unlawful activity to law enforcement officials, regulators, or other third parties and disclosing any information necessary or appropriate to such persons or entities relating to Member profiles, e-mail addresses, usage history, posted materials, IP addresses and traffic information.
- Modifications. Company reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Updated versions of the Terms and Conditions will appear on this Website and are effective immediately. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the Terms and Conditions. Continued use of the Website after any such changes constitutes your consent to such changes. Company reserves the right to modify the Website and its Content, including the appearance and the functionality of the Website, at any time in Company’s sole discretion.